Saturday, December 20, 2008

WHY COMSCI??? WHY USEP??? WHY DID I LIE??


Why Comsci? Why USeP?

I can still remember the first person who asked me those million dollar questions. It was Engr. Ariel Roy Reyes, during the interview for my admission to the University.

When asked, why comsci? I answered… ”because I wanna be a programmer someday.” It’s actually not true, I just heard it while I was eavesdropping to the conversation of the a student and her friend after she had her interview. It is not an accident that I heard their conversation; I did it on purpose, of course to have a glimpsed of what to expect when I’ll step in the faculty room. I didn’t even know what that time what a programmer is or do. I only had it as an answer for defense purposes. I don’t want the interviewer to make a stupid impression out of me.

When asked, why USeP? I answered...”because I know someone from our province who is studying here and she recommended the university to me.” I just made another lie, the truth is that we hadn’t seen each other for years, the last time was when she graduated from our high school.

Why did I lie? Simply because I don’t know the answer, even now. My first choice was Accountancy and BS Math is my second choice. Maybe its my scholarship that triggers me to be here. Every time I ask myself those questions, I always with these invalid and some stupid reasons:
  • I had no choice.
  • My scholarship only gives Php. 6000 to there scholars as tuition and USeP is the only university that has less than Php. 6000 for the tuition.
  • It is near to my siblings’ house and I can have the choice to walk to and from school every time I have no money to pay for jeepney/motorcycle fair.
  • I have to budget the monthly allowance given by my scholarship because my parents are currently paying for my older sibling’ studies in other college, that is why I chose USeP because they have cheaper “carenderias” around and they give cheaper projects.
  • I think computer technology based courses are in demand compared to business courses like accountancy.
  • My three (3) older siblings already took up accountancy and I had to be different.


Even though my other reasons are not stupid I still consider them invalid. I should have pursued accountancy and be happy but I did not. I just considered everything to be to be a blessing in disguise (pampalubag loob… why do blessings have to disguise??hahaha!!!) Because these past years, I have been happy here, the IC professors, students, classmates and specially my new found friends are here… and theyre just amazing that I can’t resist (hehehehe)… In a way, I am happy and maybe I just needed to be contented of what I have.

1 comment:

  1. awts. white lies? ^^ i guess it's not bad you chose ComSci as your course. Regular. XD hehe.

    ReplyDelete