Saturday, December 20, 2008

A REFLECTION…(SAD DISCUSSION)


To the topics reported…

I was really amazed that we are able to finish all our topics in just a span of one and a half days. It’s like a roller coaster ride. We’ve learned a lot in less than two days. It makes me dizzy.

I could only say that SAD subject is really not that complicated. All the topics presented were just simple, leaves us with choices on how to analyze and design a system. As I reflected, I think traditional teaching is not really that effective. We learned lots of things but if we are not going to practice it in the real world it would still be useless. The books gave us the different methodologies, tools, approaches and etc. So now what? Books can’t give as experience, it’s all based on theories and theories don’t really matter in a real world scenario. Books can’t teach us anything that we have to know, because life is constantly changing everyday and books are only revised every year. It’s the experience that actually matters; experience is the most updated reference that a student can find in any library. After learning all of those theories, I think we just needed to go out of our safe zone and try to explore the outer world. It would benefit us a lot, I know it will.

To the reporters…

I think all the reporters did well. To the IT and CS people I would like to extend my warmest congratulations for job well done. Special mention to Mr. George Duran, Mr. Jade Mijares, Mr. Jonard Laganzon, Ms. Kristine Adlaon, Mr. Ashbury Alcordo and Mr. Ace Andrion Sandoval; these students really caught my attention and keeps me listening to their topic. Jonard, Jade, Kristine and Ace are great; they looked confident in front of their audience and delivered their topics intelligently. It’s like they know everything about their topic and gives valid reasons even to the littlest details of their report. I am very much satisfied to their reports. While Ash and George caught my attention because of their funny and energetic approach. They made the whole class laughs despite the boring long hours of lecture. They made us awake and kicking, which made their topic easy to remember because of their funny ways of explaining things to us.

I am just expressing my opinions, that is how I find the reporters, though lots are really good but these guys has something that made me remember them.

To the demonstration…

I think interview demonstration was very lame, I don’t even consider it a demonstration. I not being mean, I totally understand the demonstrator because of the short time given to him to prepare the demonstration. I am just expressing myself of how I feel about it. I think when you are going to conduct an interview, first you need to be polite by greeting and giving your respondent the sweetest smile that you give. You also need to be confident in approaching your respondent for you to have a good first impression from your respondent. Considering that we are students, and like what Sir Gamboa said we should expect rejection when we conduct an interview but we could actually do something to avoid it. We need to impress our respondent, look confident, knowledgeable and sure of anything that we ask them. In that way maybe we can earn their respect and eventually be properly accommodated. But never intimidate your respondent, over confidence is bad, you should be sensitive, choose the right words and always try to appreciate everything that you get out from them. And before leaving the room a simple “Thanks” will be enough to show your appreciation to them.

That’s how I think interviewing should be. I know its not that easy but I think we can do it. I know we can. Hehehe…

7 comments:

  1. Bravo Jonel!!!!
    Nice english... aw... im just curios...
    why is it im not included to your most appreciated reporters?
    unfair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... ok ill try to figure it out why...
    hahaha ill include you next time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nyc job! you gave an interesting knowledge to the readers....and was well stated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice one...
    naulaw ko...

    about sa alive and kicking, nagsipa-sipa diay ka a2??

    Magworkshop ko bi...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, jonel! welcome to the blogging sensation! hehehe...

    i totally agree with you. the workshop wasn't a workshop. the demonstrator should have prepared a scenario to act out so that the "people" involved in the demonstration would have the slightest inkling of what to do...

    honestly, when i was called to "volunteer", i hadn't the least bit idea of what to say. i know that i looked like an idiot there... hehehe.

    anyway, nice blog. keep up the good work.

    [b]*i'd appreciate your comments, too...*[/b]

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello jonel..
    hehehe.. im so flattered with your complement i really appreciate it.. it is so heartwarming..(tears) hearing those words from
    you.. hehe..

    anyways i wud lyk to apologize for this very late response.. hehe.. layo man gud internetan sa amu bukid..

    good luck sa ato tanan..

    God Bless..

    ReplyDelete