Sunday, January 18, 2009

Among the data gathering techniques used in systems analysis are interviewing, document review, observation, and use of questionnaires. Considering yo

Based on the given data gathering techniques given above, I would be most comfortable with the interviewing or the observation. I think it’s what suites me best for some reasons;

· First, I think interviewing, needs less preparations if compared to using questionnaires and document reviews. I prefer techniques that are easy to set up because I have this lazy-like attitude, I hate hassle.

· Second, I think questionnaires are quite static, which means coming back again if the desired information is lacking, I think it means an additional work to do, and I really hate doing things over and over again (especially if that thing can be done once).

· Third, I believe in my oral capabilities and I think I can keep a conversation running especially if the person interviewed is quite friendly.

· Fourth, I believe that interviewing can improve self-esteem and I know it would do me good.

· Lastly, there are more things you’ll know about the company if you gather information through the use of interview technique, compared to questionnaires which I think is boring especially if there are lots of items to be answered there is a big possibility that they will not answer its seriously.

Those reasons are just how I see things. It’s plainly me, its how my mindset works. So that’s basically the way I want things to be done, but when you’re working on a project you are working with a team. In a team, you need to consider others opinions, and respect them and of course work hand in hand with them and not against them. If you believe in two different things then let those believes combine, like they say, “Same charges repel, opposite charges attract”.

No comments:

Post a Comment